ВИДЕО сервис
Све вијести

Најновије вијести

English14/03/2019

MITROVIC: THIS YEAR 60,000 MIGRANTS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE

 

BANJALUKA, March 14 /SRNA/ - More than 60,000 may be expected to arrive in Bosnia and Herzegovina this year, says the country’s Human Rights Ombudsman Ljubinko Mitrovic.

 

"That is why State level authorities should be formed as soon as possible in order to be ready to face the burning problem,” Mitrovic told the National Assembly of Republika Srpska explaining a special report of the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of BiH on the state of migration in the country.

Last year, 22,000 migrants were registered in BiH while it is estimated there are now between 3,000 and 5,000 migrants in the country, he said.

"It is estimated that around 25% of migrants come from Syria, while the remaining 75% are the so-called economic migrants. Nearly all the registered migrants fall in the category of irregular migrants, that is aliens with unregulated status,” added Mitrovic.

According to him, mixed migration is now occurring in BiH.

"Motives of migration overlap so we have aliens who are seeking better living conditions and aliens who are seeking asylum with international legal protection. For the most part, BiH is a transit country for the nationals of Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Syria, and Afghanistan," said Mitrovic.

He believes an increased and continuous inflow of all categories of migrants calls for an extra employment of material, financial and human resources which BiH does not have.

On the other hand, says he, a complex economic, political and social situation is causing a higher migration and bigger number of BiH people leaving the country.

"Such a complex situation obliges us to ensure the principles of the rule of law in border control and entry and movement of aliens, respecting the human rights guaranteed by international standards,” stated Mitrovic. /end/ds