English

20.05.2026

Time15:15:00

STILL NO INDICTMENTS FOR WAR CRIMES AGAINST SERBS IN POFALIĆI

SARAJEVO, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - The case concerning war crimes committed against more than 200 Serb civilians on May 16, 1992, in the Sarajevo neighborhood of Pofalići is still "under review" in the Special Department for War Crimes of the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH, even though the report was submitted 17 years ago by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republika Srpska.

SARAJEVO, MAY 20 /SRNA/ - The case concerning war crimes committed against more than 200 Serb civilians on May 16, 1992, in the Sarajevo neighborhood of Pofalići is still "under review" in the Special Department for War Crimes of the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH, even though the report was submitted 17 years ago by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republika Srpska.



"We cannot provide more information or details," the judicial institution told SRNA when asked what had been done regarding the report that the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republika Srpska submitted back in 2009 against 51 individuals for war crimes committed against Serb civilians in Pofalići. The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republika Srpska submitted the report to the District Prosecutor’s Office in Istočno Sarajevo on June 5, 2009, and the charges were forwarded from that judicial institution to the Prosecutor’s Office of BiH for review. The fact that the case concerning one of the largest crimes committed against Serbs in Sarajevo, whose perpetrators are largely known, has been sitting with the Prosecutor’s Office for 17 years, while the public still cannot obtain “more information,” speaks volumes about the efficiency of the judiciary in BiH. In the general attack carried out by Muslim units on the Sarajevo neighborhood of Pofalići on May 16, 1992, around 200 Serb civilians were killed, many remain listed as missing, and alongside the killings and expulsions of Serbs, their property was looted and burned. On that day, 34 years ago, a broad and systematic attack was launched by Muslim paramilitary units of the so-called Patriotic League and Green Berets against the Serb population in Gornji Pofalići, during which Serbs were captured, beaten, taken to camps, or killed on their doorsteps.

English

Time1 hour ago

OSTOJIĆ: WE ARE READY TO HELP SERBS LIVING OUTSIDE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA

OSTOJIĆ: WE ARE READY TO HELP SERBS LIVING OUTSIDE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA

BOSANSKO GRAHOVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Minister of Labor, War Veterans and Disabled Persons' Protection Radan Ostojić today thanked the...

Time1 hour ago

MINIĆ: MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, MORE LIFE IN THE SOUTH OF SRPSKA

MINIĆ: MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, MORE LIFE IN THE SOUTH OF SRPSKA

TREBINJE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Prime Minister Savo Minić said that he heard one of the best information during the celebration of the T...

Time1 hour ago

TRIBUTE PAID TO 56 REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ARMY SOLDIERS KILLED ON MAJEVICA

TRIBUTE PAID TO 56 REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ARMY SOLDIERS KILLED ON MAJEVICA

LOPARE/MAJEVICA, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - A memorial service was held today at the memorial site in Grabik on Mount Majevica for 56 Republika Srpska Army so...

Time2 hours ago

CHURCH OF THE TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD - TRUE ROOT OF SERBIAN PRESENCE IN SARAJEVO

CHURCH OF THE TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD - TRUE ROOT OF SERBIAN PRESENCE IN SARAJEVO

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Mayor of Istočno Sarajevo Ljubiša Ćosić said that the church in Pofalići is a true root of the centuries-old presence of...

Time2 hours ago

TREBINJE CHILDREN'S VISIT TO CORFU - A BRIDGE BETWEEN ILLUSTRIOUS ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS

TREBINJE CHILDREN'S VISIT TO CORFU - A BRIDGE BETWEEN ILLUSTRIOUS ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS

BELGRADE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - History is best learned in the places where it was made, which is why it is invaluable that children from Trebinje will a...

Time2 hours ago

OŠAP-GAĆANOVIĆ: I WAS NOT DISMISSED, HASANOVIĆ SHOULD RETRACT HIS STATEMENTS

OŠAP-GAĆANOVIĆ: I WAS NOT DISMISSED, HASANOVIĆ SHOULD RETRACT HIS STATEMENTS

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Anđelina Ošap-Gaćanović said that she had not been dismissed from her position as a member of the Commission to Preserve...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source