English

04.06.2026

Time14:10:00

ĆOSIĆ: JUNE 4 REMAINS ONE OF THE MOST TRAGIC DATES FOR SARAJEVO-ROMANIJA REGION

HAN PIJESAK, JUNE 4 /SRNA/ - Istočno Sarajevo Mayor Ljubiša Ćosić said that June 4 remains one of the most difficult days in the recent history of Pale and the Sarajevo-Romanija region, when 45 Serb fighters were killed in an ambush in Žepa.

HAN PIJESAK, JUNE 4 /SRNA/ - Istočno Sarajevo Mayor Ljubiša Ćosić said that June 4 remains one of the most difficult days in the recent history of Pale and the Sarajevo-Romanija region, when 45 Serb fighters were killed in an ambush in Žepa.



Ćosić said the men were treacherously killed in an ambush while transporting food and other necessities to soldiers stationed at Zlovrh. "The Muslim forces failed to honor the agreement that guaranteed the convoy safe passage and acted in the way they know best - treacherously, killing innocent people in an ambush," Ćosić told reporters after the commemoration ceremony marking the crime. Pale Mayor Dejan Kojić also described June 4 as one of the saddest dates in the history of the municipality, noting that 42 residents of Pale were killed that day and that nearly every family was directly or indirectly affected by the tragedy. "They were on their way to deliver food to soldiers stationed at Zlovrh. My only regret is that there were not more children here today, because this is something the Serb people, and especially Pale, must never forget," Kojić said. A ceremony was held today in Luke, Žepa, near Han Pijesak, marking 34 years since the deaths of 45 members of the Republika Srpska Army, who were killed in an ambush set by Muslim forces while transporting food and water to soldiers positioned near Zlovrh. On June 4, 1992, a convoy of the Sarajevo-Romanija Corps of the Army of Republika Srpska was treacherously attacked while moving toward Mount Zlovrh on a mission to deliver food and water to 13 soldiers guarding a radio-relay facility at the site. An agreement had been reached with the Muslim forces allowing the Serb soldiers safe passage. However, the Muslim side violated the agreement and attacked the Serb troops from behind in an ambush. Members of the so-called Army of BiH locked 12 captured Serb soldiers in a nearby barn and burned them alive. This was one of the largest single losses suffered by members of the Sarajevo-Romanija Corps of the Republika Srpska Army during the Homeland-Defense War.

English

Time3 hours ago

GENERAL MLADIĆ TO BE EXAMINED TOMORROW BY CARDIOLOGIST FROM SERBIA

GENERAL MLADIĆ TO BE EXAMINED TOMORROW BY CARDIOLOGIST FROM SERBIA

BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - General Ratko Mladić is in the weakest condition he has ever been in and was unable to utter a single word during our vis...

Time6 hours ago

SELAK: WE ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK, OTHER CALLS ARE PURE POPULISM

SELAK: WE ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK, OTHER CALLS ARE PURE POPULISM

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Republika Srpska is a leader in BiH and the region in the fight against corruption and organized crime, with a strong l...

Time6 hours ago

LINTA: ZADAR COURT'S RULING OVER SONG "OJ, KRAJINO, MOJA MILA MATI" ANTI-CIVILIZATIONAL

LINTA: ZADAR COURT'S RULING OVER SONG "OJ, KRAJINO, MOJA MILA MATI" ANTI-CIVILIZATIONAL

BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Chair of the Association of Serbs from the Region Miodrag Linta described the Zadar Court’decision anti-civilizational fo...

Time8 hours ago

MINES FOUND - REMNANTS OF SFOR WEAPONS DISPOSAL OPERATIONS

MINES FOUND - REMNANTS OF SFOR WEAPONS DISPOSAL OPERATIONS

BRČKO, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Explosive ordnance and ammunition parts found in the wider area of the pheasantry in Brčko were in fact unexploded remnants...

Time8 hours ago

KNEŽEVIĆ PRESENTS DOCUMENTS SHOWING SPAJIĆ IS A MEMBER OF SERBIAN ARMED FORCES

KNEŽEVIĆ PRESENTS DOCUMENTS SHOWING SPAJIĆ IS A MEMBER OF SERBIAN ARMED FORCES

PODGORICA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Democratic People’s Party President Milan Knežević presented at a press conference a document which he claims shows that...

Time8 hours ago

85 YEARS SINCE CLOSURE OF USTASHA GOSPIĆ-JADOVNO-PAG CAMP COMPLEX

85 YEARS SINCE CLOSURE OF USTASHA GOSPIĆ-JADOVNO-PAG CAMP COMPLEX

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — The Ustasha Gospić-Jadovno-Pag death camp complex, which preceded the notorious Jasenovac camp, was shut down on this d...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source