English
27.06.2026
15:17:00
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR KILLED 17 VILLAGERS FROM DOJNICE NEAR PRIZREN HELD
PRIZREN, June 27 /SRNA/ – A memorial service was held today at the Church of St. George in Prizren for 16 Serbs and one Bosniak from the village of Dojnice near Prizren, who were abducted and killed by members of the terrorist Kosovo Liberation Army /KLA/ in 1999.
Prizren parish priest Jovan Radić said that the villagers of Dojnice were killed because they refused to leave their birthplace and their church, sacrificing their lives on the doorstep of their own homes. "In addition to the Serbs, one Bosniak villager also perished. But God does not divide people by faith or nationality. As the late Patriarch Pavle used to say, it is only important to be human and to remain humane," Radić said in his sermon. He stressed that their sacrifice should become the foundation for rebuilding the church in Dojnice and for the return of people to the village, which today no longer has a Serb population. Assistant Director of the Serbia’s parliamentary Office for Kosovo and Metohija Milena Parlić called on the international community to finally make every effort to find and punish those responsible for crimes committed against Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija. She recalled that among those killed in Dojnice were nine elderly women who, according to their closest family members, had been subjected to the most severe forms of humiliation and abuse before being murdered. She added that no one has been held accountable for that crime or for many other individual and mass crimes committed against the Serb people. "There is no justice for the victims' families, but unfortunately there are daily arrests that we continue to witness. There are daily convictions without trials being carried out against Serbs," Parlić said. Director of the Kosovo and Metohija Archive Marko Marković said that members of the international community had failed in their mission because, after the withdrawal of the Yugoslav Army from Serbia's southern province, they had been responsible for maintaining peace, yet many crimes occurred precisely after that.
English
9 hours ago
GENERAL MLADIĆ TO BE EXAMINED TOMORROW BY CARDIOLOGIST FROM SERBIA
BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - General Ratko Mladić is in the weakest condition he has ever been in and was unable to utter a single word during our vis...
12 hours ago
SELAK: WE ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK, OTHER CALLS ARE PURE POPULISM
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Republika Srpska is a leader in BiH and the region in the fight against corruption and organized crime, with a strong l...
12 hours ago
LINTA: ZADAR COURT'S RULING OVER SONG "OJ, KRAJINO, MOJA MILA MATI" ANTI-CIVILIZATIONAL
BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Chair of the Association of Serbs from the Region Miodrag Linta described the Zadar Court’decision anti-civilizational fo...
14 hours ago
MINES FOUND - REMNANTS OF SFOR WEAPONS DISPOSAL OPERATIONS
BRČKO, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Explosive ordnance and ammunition parts found in the wider area of the pheasantry in Brčko were in fact unexploded remnants...
14 hours ago
KNEŽEVIĆ PRESENTS DOCUMENTS SHOWING SPAJIĆ IS A MEMBER OF SERBIAN ARMED FORCES
PODGORICA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Democratic People’s Party President Milan Knežević presented at a press conference a document which he claims shows that...
15 hours ago
85 YEARS SINCE CLOSURE OF USTASHA GOSPIĆ-JADOVNO-PAG CAMP COMPLEX
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — The Ustasha Gospić-Jadovno-Pag death camp complex, which preceded the notorious Jasenovac camp, was shut down on this d...