English

29.06.2026

Time12:49:00

KARAN: MIDDLE PODRINJE AND BIRAČ SAW THE MOST BRUTAL KILLINGS OF SERBS

BANJA LUKA, JUNE 29 /SRNA/ – Republika Srpska President Siniša Karan said that Serbs in the Middle Podrinje and Birač region were killed in the most brutal manner, describing the killings as a systematic campaign of extermination carried out between 1992 and 1995.

BANJA LUKA, JUNE 29 /SRNA/ – Republika Srpska President Siniša Karan said that Serbs in the Middle Podrinje and Birač region were killed in the most brutal manner, describing the killings as a systematic campaign of extermination carried out between 1992 and 1995.



Karan said that over the past three decades a narrative had been built portraying the Serb people as aggressors on their own land and in their own homes. "Civilians were killed, mostly during our major religious holidays. At the same time, historical truth has been distorted, which is why these commemorations are important - to preserve the historical facts," Karan told reporters in Banja Luka after a meeting with representatives of institutions and organizations preparing for the observance of the 34th anniversary of the suffering of Serbs in the Middle Podrinje and Birač region. He also said that judicial institutions had, for years, failed to deliver justice for Serb victims. "We demand, and will continue to demand, equal treatment for all victims," Karan said. Republika Srpska, he added, was established as a response to what he described as the injustice suffered by the Serb people over many years, providing them with a place where they would be the safest. "This year's slogan says that no one is invited to Bratunac, people simply come to Bratunac. Even so, we call on young people, children, and all citizens of Republika Srpska to come with dignity to the commemoration of the suffering of Serbs in the Middle Podrinje and Birač region and pay special tribute to the victims," Karan said. He stated that the organizing committee had completed all preparations and that everything was in place for the observance of what he described as an important historical anniversary. A memorial service for the 3,267 Serb soldiers and civilians killed in the Middle Podrinje and Birač region during the Homeland-Defense War will be held in Bratunac on Saturday, July 4.

English

Time10 hours ago

GENERAL MLADIĆ TO BE EXAMINED TOMORROW BY CARDIOLOGIST FROM SERBIA

GENERAL MLADIĆ TO BE EXAMINED TOMORROW BY CARDIOLOGIST FROM SERBIA

BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - General Ratko Mladić is in the weakest condition he has ever been in and was unable to utter a single word during our vis...

Time13 hours ago

SELAK: WE ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK, OTHER CALLS ARE PURE POPULISM

SELAK: WE ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK, OTHER CALLS ARE PURE POPULISM

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Republika Srpska is a leader in BiH and the region in the fight against corruption and organized crime, with a strong l...

Time13 hours ago

LINTA: ZADAR COURT'S RULING OVER SONG "OJ, KRAJINO, MOJA MILA MATI" ANTI-CIVILIZATIONAL

LINTA: ZADAR COURT'S RULING OVER SONG "OJ, KRAJINO, MOJA MILA MATI" ANTI-CIVILIZATIONAL

BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Chair of the Association of Serbs from the Region Miodrag Linta described the Zadar Court’decision anti-civilizational fo...

Time15 hours ago

MINES FOUND - REMNANTS OF SFOR WEAPONS DISPOSAL OPERATIONS

MINES FOUND - REMNANTS OF SFOR WEAPONS DISPOSAL OPERATIONS

BRČKO, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Explosive ordnance and ammunition parts found in the wider area of the pheasantry in Brčko were in fact unexploded remnants...

Time15 hours ago

KNEŽEVIĆ PRESENTS DOCUMENTS SHOWING SPAJIĆ IS A MEMBER OF SERBIAN ARMED FORCES

KNEŽEVIĆ PRESENTS DOCUMENTS SHOWING SPAJIĆ IS A MEMBER OF SERBIAN ARMED FORCES

PODGORICA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Democratic People’s Party President Milan Knežević presented at a press conference a document which he claims shows that...

Time15 hours ago

85 YEARS SINCE CLOSURE OF USTASHA GOSPIĆ-JADOVNO-PAG CAMP COMPLEX

85 YEARS SINCE CLOSURE OF USTASHA GOSPIĆ-JADOVNO-PAG CAMP COMPLEX

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — The Ustasha Gospić-Jadovno-Pag death camp complex, which preceded the notorious Jasenovac camp, was shut down on this d...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source