English

15.07.2026

Time16:59:00

AMERICAN INVESTIGATOR-PROSECUTORS SHOULD ALSO VISIT BROD

BROD, JULY 15 /SRNA/ - The president of the Organization for the Search for Killed Soldiers and Missing Civilians from Brod, Marko Grabovac, believes that American investigator-prosecutors should also visit Brod, where horrific crimes were also committed against Serb camp inmates and civilians during the last war.

BROD, JULY 15 /SRNA/ - The president of the Organization for the Search for Killed Soldiers and Missing Civilians from Brod, Marko Grabovac, believes that American investigator-prosecutors should also visit Brod, where horrific crimes were also committed against Serb camp inmates and civilians during the last war.



Following the announcement that American investigators are expected to arrive in Derventa on Monday, July 20, Grabovac said they needed to come to Brod as well, so that they could be presented with the expert report on war crimes committed in camps for Serbs in that area, which had previously been submitted to and certified by the Hague Tribunal. He explained that the expert report contains the names and surnames of perpetrators of war crimes against Serbs in Brod and Derventa, as well as those who ordered them, and that the families of those killed and missing have been waiting for justice for more than 30 years. Grabovac noted that members of the Croatian Army and the Croatian Defense Council /HVO/, in cooperation with Muslim forces, operated in the Brod and Derventa areas, and that they left behind several mass graves of Serbs, seven camps and detention facilities through which several hundred Serb detainees passed. He recalled that the first crimes against Serbs were committed in the Brod area and that the first camps for Serbs were established there, as well as that the burning and looting of Serb property were carried out under the command of the Croatian Army, which at the time launched an aggression against BiH. "In the criminal complaint that we submitted in 2001 to the Hague Tribunal, the Prosecutor's Office of BiH and the Croatian judiciary, in addition to Nijaz Čaušević, known as Medo, from Slavonski Brod, a large number of those who ordered and carried out war crimes against Serbs in the Brod area were also included," Grabovac recalled. Members of the Croatian Army and paramilitary Croatian-Muslim formations from the area of the then municipality of Bosanski Brod killed nine Serb civilians on March 26, 1992, in Sijekovac near Brod, which was the first mass crime against Serbs in BiH. Five American investigator-prosecutors in Derventa are expected to arrive in Derventa on Monday, July 20, to take statements from eight former camp inmates about the horrors they endured in the notorious camp for Serbs at the Rabić military warehouse in 1992.

English

Time54 minutes ago

PUTIN: WE WILL NOT TOLERATE GLORIFICATION OF NAZISM IN UKRAINE

PUTIN: WE WILL NOT TOLERATE GLORIFICATION OF NAZISM IN UKRAINE

PETROPAVLOVSK-KAMCHATSKY, August 23 /SRNA/ - Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the glorification of Nazism in Ukraine is part of the problem...

Time1 hour ago

SELAK: WE WILL CONTINUE TO OPPOSE GLORIFICATION OF USTASHA IDEOLOGY

SELAK: WE WILL CONTINUE TO OPPOSE GLORIFICATION OF USTASHA IDEOLOGY

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 23 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Justice Minister Goran Selak attended a memorial service in Trnopolje for innocent Serb victims of an...

Time2 hours ago

SRPSKA BANKING AGENCY RECEIVED NO PROPOSAL TO RAISE CONSUMER LOAN LIMIT

SRPSKA BANKING AGENCY RECEIVED NO PROPOSAL TO RAISE CONSUMER LOAN LIMIT

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 23 /SRNA/ - The Republika Srpska Banking Agency has not received any letter, proposal or initiative concerning an increase in the c...

Time2 hours ago

LINTA: ATTACKS ON SERBS SHOW HATRED AND VIOLENCE ARE REWARDED IN CROATIA

LINTA: ATTACKS ON SERBS SHOW HATRED AND VIOLENCE ARE REWARDED IN CROATIA

BELGRADE, AUGUST 23 /SRNA/ - The latest cowardly attacks by Ustasha hordes on Serbs in Dubrovnik and Pag are among countless confirmations that Croati...

Time3 hours ago

TEN TIMES MORE SERBS DIE IN SARAJEVO EACH YEAR THAN ARE BORN

TEN TIMES MORE SERBS DIE IN SARAJEVO EACH YEAR THAN ARE BORN

BELGRADE, AUGUST 23 /SRNA/ - Ten times more Serbs die each year in Sarajevo than are born there, while no Serb children are born in the formerly predo...

Time3 hours ago

PEZESHKIAN: MEMORANDUM BEST PATH TO ENDING WAR

PEZESHKIAN: MEMORANDUM BEST PATH TO ENDING WAR

TEHRAN, AUGUST 23 /SRNA/ - Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian stated that a memorandum of understanding with the United States is the best way to bre...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source