English
19.07.2026
21:36:00
MIKA DAVIDOVIĆ: POLICE ARRIVED AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER THE ATTACK
SANSKI MOST, JULY 19 /SRNA/ - Serb returnee Mika Davidović from Lušci Palanka near Sanski Most said that the attack on her and her husband Željko took place on July 14, that they immediately informed the police, which arrived only an hour and a half later, but that the police have not made any further statements regarding the case since then.
Davidović said that the attack took place in the café she owns and that the three attackers came to the establishment while under the influence of alcohol. "They asked for some music, then sat next to a girl who played that music for them. She went to the toilet, and one of them followed her. I told him: 'Don't go after her and don't cause any trouble.' Then that one, /Hasan/ Rekić came back, grabbed me and twisted my arm, saying: 'You should be killed.' I did not expect that," Davidović said. She said that the young men who were nearby called her husband Željko to come over. "When they asked who he was, Željko said that he was the owner of the house, and then they attacked him. They started beating him and tore his shirt. We immediately called the police, who arrived an hour and a half later," Davidović told Nezavisne Novine. She added that the police went after the attackers, but that someone from the neighbourhood later informed her that all three of them had been seen drinking at a petrol station. She said that she had a café at the same location in 2011–2012, after which she leased it out, and that she reopened it two or three years ago. "We have a house and land there. We experienced some threats in 2011, but nothing similar has happened since then," she said. She said that the police have not made any further statements regarding the reported case. Republika Srpska Minister of Justice Goran Selak said that Serb returnees Mika Davidović and her husband Željko Matić were physically attacked by Suvad Bašić, Muharem Bašić, and Hasan Rekić from Fajtovci near Sanski Most. Selak posted a video of the attack on X and called on the Una-Sana Canton Ministry of Interior, the relevant minister, and the police director to urgently investigate the case and inform the public about the measures taken.
English
20 minutes from now
DODIK: REPUBLIKA SRPSKA STABLE, HAS POTENTIAL AND SUPPORTS ITS PEOPLE
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 23 /SRNA/ — President Milorad Dodik has stressed that Republika Srpska is stable, has potential and has institutions that care for...
10 hours ago
WASHINGTON EXAMINER: BiH'S POLITICAL SYSTEM UNSUSTAINABLE, BACK SRPSKA INDEPENDENCE
WASHINGTON, AUGUST 22 /SRNA/ — Washington must develop a realistic diplomatic roadmap leading Republika Srpska toward independence, the Washington Exa...
12 hours ago
MILICA PANIĆ WINS SILVER AT WORLD JU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIPS
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 22 /SRNA/ — Republika Srpska ju-jitsu representative Milica Panić won a silver medal at the No-Gi Ju-Jitsu World Championship held...
13 hours ago
PUTIN: RUSSIAN STRIKES ON UKRAINE EFFECTIVE
MOSCOW, AUGUST 22 /SRNA – RIA Novosti/ — Russian President Vladimir Putin stated that Russian strikes on targets in Ukraine are effective and timely,...
13 hours ago
MINIĆ: HAGUE MECHANISM'S DECISION ON MLADIĆ IS INHUMANE AND RETALIATORY
ČELINAC, AUGUST 22 /SRNA/ — Republika Srpska Prime Minister Savo Minić described as inhumane the Hague Mechanism’s decision to reject the release of G...
15 hours ago
DODIK: SRPSKA HAS POTENTIAL AND IS THERE FOR EVERYONE
ČELINAC, AUGUST 22 /SRNA/ — President Milorad Dodik said that the "Srpska Loves You" campaign would show that the institutions of Republika Srpska rea...