English

27.07.2026

Time22:30:00

FIRE 15 KILOMETRES FROM BORDEAUX

PARIS, JULY 27 /SRNA/ - The wildfire has come within 15 kilometers of Bordeaux, Mayor Thomas Cazenave warned, emphasizing the need for preparations for all scenarios.

PARIS, JULY 27 /SRNA/ - The wildfire has come within 15 kilometers of Bordeaux, Mayor Thomas Cazenave warned, emphasizing the need for preparations for all scenarios.



"We are preparing to accommodate a large number of people if further evacuations are ordered," Cazenave said. Jérôme Steff, mayor of Sestas, a town south of Bordeaux, said this would be the "fire of the century." He added that the situation in his town was catastrophic and that 17,000 residents had been evacuated. Steff said that 42,000 hectares of land had so far been burned in the region and that 240 homes had been destroyed. Although the fire is no longer spreading as rapidly, Steff said his teams had won only a small battle, while the risk of flying embers or a sudden change in wind direction remains. "We have put all our energy into creating firebreaks," he explained, admitting that everyone is frightened by the situation. Interior Minister Laurent Nunez said earlier that firefighters in the Gironde region were facing an "unprecedented situation." Around 220,000 people have been evacuated in France and more than 100,000 in Spain, where wildfires are burning out of control west of Madrid. Another intense heatwave could further hinder firefighting efforts, the BBC reported. French Prime Minister Sébastien Lecornu said that 13,566 fires have been recorded in France since January. Wildfires are also raging in several other French regions, including Var and Landes, as well as on the island of Corsica.

English

Time4 hours ago

LINTA: SHAMEFUL TREATMENT OF GENERAL MLADIĆ BY HAGUE MECHANISM

LINTA: SHAMEFUL TREATMENT OF GENERAL MLADIĆ BY HAGUE MECHANISM

BELGRADE, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - The president of the Alliance of Serbs from the Region, Miodrag Linta, said that it was shameful and inhumane that the In...

Time5 hours ago

GENERAL MLADIĆ'S TREATMENT IN SERBIA OR RUSSIA SHOULD BE URGENTLY APPROVED

GENERAL MLADIĆ'S TREATMENT IN SERBIA OR RUSSIA SHOULD BE URGENTLY APPROVED

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - The Organization of Senior Officers of the Republika Srpska Army has said that General Ratko Mladić should be urgently...

Time6 hours ago

PERSON ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF DAVOR DABIĆ

PERSON ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF DAVOR DABIĆ

ISTOČNO SARAJEVO, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - A person linked to the attempted murder of Davor Dabić in Istočno Sarajevo, which occurred on August 3, has been...

Time6 hours ago

REQUEST TO CRISHOCK TO LIFT BAN ON ŠEŠELJ ENTERING BiH

REQUEST TO CRISHOCK TO LIFT BAN ON ŠEŠELJ ENTERING BiH

BIJELJINA, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - Lawyer Mirko Blagojević has requested that the 1998 decision declaring SRS leader Vojislav Šešelj persona non grata and...

Time6 hours ago

KOVAČEVIĆ: "OPPOSITION JOKERS" DO NOT MIND SCHMIDT IMPOSING NEW ELECTION TECHNOLOGIES

KOVAČEVIĆ: "OPPOSITION JOKERS" DO NOT MIND SCHMIDT IMPOSING NEW ELECTION TECHNOLOGIES

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - "Opposition jokers" are trying to falsely portray the SNSD as allegedly being afraid of new election technologies becau...

Time6 hours ago

DEBEVEC RESIGNS FROM COURT OF BiH POSTS BEFORE DISCIPLINARY MEASURE IS HANDED DOWN

DEBEVEC RESIGNS FROM COURT OF BiH POSTS BEFORE DISCIPLINARY MEASURE IS HANDED DOWN

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - Ranko Debevec resigned as a judge and president of the Court of BiH before the disciplinary commission of the High Judici...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source