English

28.07.2026

Time18:12:00

SANCHEZ: DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD

MADRID, JULY 28 /SRNA/ - Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said that the coming days would be particularly challenging as further rises in temperature would make firefighting efforts more difficult and increase the risk of wildfires.

MADRID, JULY 28 /SRNA/ - Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said that the coming days would be particularly challenging as further rises in temperature would make firefighting efforts more difficult and increase the risk of wildfires.



At a press conference, Sanchez stressed that a state of emergency had been declared in all areas affected by the fires, adding that there was a light at the end of the tunnel, but that vigilance must not be relaxed as another heatwave was approaching. He said that the Government would continue its efforts until the last flame had been extinguished and that aid had already begun to be distributed to help mitigate the damage. Sanchez expressed particular gratitude to emergency services and mentioned those who had lost their homes and loved ones. “There are currently eight major wildfires burning in Spain,” he said. Over the past week, firefighters have been battling a series of wildfires that have ravaged rural areas of Spain, threatening dozens of communities and forcing more than 70,000 people to evacuate. The Madrid region is currently under a red weather alert, with temperatures expected to reach 35 degrees Celsius in mountainous areas and 38 degrees in other parts of the region. The government in Madrid previously said that the fire “remains active and out of control”. “Today’s efforts will focus on monitoring and cooling the affected areas in anticipation of the forecast deterioration in weather conditions,” the statement added. So far, around 77,000 hectares of land have been burned in wildfires across Spain. The wildfire in the Ávila area was the largest in the country’s recent history.

English

Time3 hours ago

LINTA: SHAMEFUL TREATMENT OF GENERAL MLADIĆ BY HAGUE MECHANISM

LINTA: SHAMEFUL TREATMENT OF GENERAL MLADIĆ BY HAGUE MECHANISM

BELGRADE, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - The president of the Alliance of Serbs from the Region, Miodrag Linta, said that it was shameful and inhumane that the In...

Time5 hours ago

GENERAL MLADIĆ'S TREATMENT IN SERBIA OR RUSSIA SHOULD BE URGENTLY APPROVED

GENERAL MLADIĆ'S TREATMENT IN SERBIA OR RUSSIA SHOULD BE URGENTLY APPROVED

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - The Organization of Senior Officers of the Republika Srpska Army has said that General Ratko Mladić should be urgently...

Time5 hours ago

PERSON ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF DAVOR DABIĆ

PERSON ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF DAVOR DABIĆ

ISTOČNO SARAJEVO, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - A person linked to the attempted murder of Davor Dabić in Istočno Sarajevo, which occurred on August 3, has been...

Time6 hours ago

REQUEST TO CRISHOCK TO LIFT BAN ON ŠEŠELJ ENTERING BiH

REQUEST TO CRISHOCK TO LIFT BAN ON ŠEŠELJ ENTERING BiH

BIJELJINA, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - Lawyer Mirko Blagojević has requested that the 1998 decision declaring SRS leader Vojislav Šešelj persona non grata and...

Time6 hours ago

KOVAČEVIĆ: "OPPOSITION JOKERS" DO NOT MIND SCHMIDT IMPOSING NEW ELECTION TECHNOLOGIES

KOVAČEVIĆ: "OPPOSITION JOKERS" DO NOT MIND SCHMIDT IMPOSING NEW ELECTION TECHNOLOGIES

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - "Opposition jokers" are trying to falsely portray the SNSD as allegedly being afraid of new election technologies becau...

Time6 hours ago

DEBEVEC RESIGNS FROM COURT OF BiH POSTS BEFORE DISCIPLINARY MEASURE IS HANDED DOWN

DEBEVEC RESIGNS FROM COURT OF BiH POSTS BEFORE DISCIPLINARY MEASURE IS HANDED DOWN

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 21 /SRNA/ - Ranko Debevec resigned as a judge and president of the Court of BiH before the disciplinary commission of the High Judici...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source