English
28.07.2026
21:42:00
INTRODUCING VISAS FOR RUSSIAN CITIZENS WILL HARM MONTENEGRO
PODGORICA, JULY 28 /SRNA/ - The Russian Embassy in Podgorica said that Montenegro would suffer a serious blow by introducing visas for Russian citizens.
The Embassy stressed that the introduction of visas for Russian citizens from November 1 represents evidence of the official Podgorica’s dependence on "foreign patrons" who seek to undermine relations between Montenegro and Russia. It was assessed that this would harm Montenegro itself, as its interests are not a priority for foreign patrons whose main goal is to further damage Russian-Montenegrin relations. The statement added that Podgorica’s foreign allies overlook the fact that tourism accounts for around 30 percent of Montenegro’s gross domestic product, and that Russian tourists accounted for 16.4 percent of all overnight stays in the country last year. "It is easy to assume that the introduction of a visa regime will significantly reduce that number," the Embassy said. It also stated that numerous projects involving Russian capital, important for Montenegro, would suffer a serious blow. "It should be assumed that this measure will receive neither the understanding nor the support of Montenegrin citizens who want to see cooperation with Russia develop. The Embassy is convinced that, with goodwill, the issue of preserving the visa-free regime could have been resolved even under the conditions of EU accession," the Embassy said. Unfortunately, they added, they do not see any interest from the Montenegrin side in such a solution. It was emphasised that Moscow remains open to considering all proposals that could help overcome the crisis in bilateral relations, for which, as stated, Russia bears no responsibility. "At the same time, we reserve the right to respond appropriately to hostile actions," the statement of the Russian Embassy in Montenegro concluded, Sputnik reported.
English
40 minutes ago
GENERAL MLADIĆ TO BE EXAMINED TOMORROW BY CARDIOLOGIST FROM SERBIA
BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - General Ratko Mladić is in the weakest condition he has ever been in and was unable to utter a single word during our vis...
3 hours ago
SELAK: WE ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY FRAMEWORK, OTHER CALLS ARE PURE POPULISM
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Republika Srpska is a leader in BiH and the region in the fight against corruption and organized crime, with a strong l...
4 hours ago
LINTA: ZADAR COURT'S RULING OVER SONG "OJ, KRAJINO, MOJA MILA MATI" ANTI-CIVILIZATIONAL
BELGRADE, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Chair of the Association of Serbs from the Region Miodrag Linta described the Zadar Court’decision anti-civilizational fo...
5 hours ago
MINES FOUND - REMNANTS OF SFOR WEAPONS DISPOSAL OPERATIONS
BRČKO, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — Explosive ordnance and ammunition parts found in the wider area of the pheasantry in Brčko were in fact unexploded remnants...
5 hours ago
KNEŽEVIĆ PRESENTS DOCUMENTS SHOWING SPAJIĆ IS A MEMBER OF SERBIAN ARMED FORCES
PODGORICA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ - Democratic People’s Party President Milan Knežević presented at a press conference a document which he claims shows that...
6 hours ago
85 YEARS SINCE CLOSURE OF USTASHA GOSPIĆ-JADOVNO-PAG CAMP COMPLEX
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 20 /SRNA/ — The Ustasha Gospić-Jadovno-Pag death camp complex, which preceded the notorious Jasenovac camp, was shut down on this d...