English

29.07.2026

Time19:53:00

PROTEST OVER POSSIBLE CLOSURE OF AUDI PLANT IN NECKARSULM

STUTTGART, JULY 29 /SRNA/ - Around 6,000 workers at German carmaker Audi protested today against the possible closure of the plant in Neckarsulm due to high costs caused by increasingly strong Chinese competition and US tariffs.

STUTTGART, JULY 29 /SRNA/ - Around 6,000 workers at German carmaker Audi protested today against the possible closure of the plant in Neckarsulm due to high costs caused by increasingly strong Chinese competition and US tariffs.



The protest took place at the same time as German carmaker BMW announced that it would cut several thousand jobs. Audi's parent company, Volkswagen, is carrying out a restructuring program that is expected to result in tens of thousands of job cuts. The company's Chief Executive Officer Oliver Blume warned earlier that Neckarsulm was among four German plants that could be closed after 2030 if no other solution is found. Blume is seeking to avoid plant closures by proposing alternatives that include partnerships with the defense sector and the production of Volkswagen's Chinese models, which are currently unavailable for sale in Europe, at underutilised plants across Germany. The Neckarsulm plant employs around 15,000 people and produces the Audi A5, A6 and A8 models, as well as the fully electric Audi e-tron GT in smaller production runs. Neckarsulm Mayor Steffen Hertwig warned that the closure of the plant in the city would have far-reaching consequences for the southwestern state of Baden-Württemberg, a traditional automotive region where Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Bosch are also under pressure.

English

Time3 hours ago

OSTOJIĆ: WE ARE READY TO HELP SERBS LIVING OUTSIDE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA

OSTOJIĆ: WE ARE READY TO HELP SERBS LIVING OUTSIDE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA

BOSANSKO GRAHOVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Minister of Labor, War Veterans and Disabled Persons' Protection Radan Ostojić today thanked the...

Time3 hours ago

MINIĆ: MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, MORE LIFE IN THE SOUTH OF SRPSKA

MINIĆ: MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, MORE LIFE IN THE SOUTH OF SRPSKA

TREBINJE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Prime Minister Savo Minić said that he heard one of the best information during the celebration of the T...

Time3 hours ago

TRIBUTE PAID TO 56 REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ARMY SOLDIERS KILLED ON MAJEVICA

TRIBUTE PAID TO 56 REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ARMY SOLDIERS KILLED ON MAJEVICA

LOPARE/MAJEVICA, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - A memorial service was held today at the memorial site in Grabik on Mount Majevica for 56 Republika Srpska Army so...

Time3 hours ago

CHURCH OF THE TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD - TRUE ROOT OF SERBIAN PRESENCE IN SARAJEVO

CHURCH OF THE TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD - TRUE ROOT OF SERBIAN PRESENCE IN SARAJEVO

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Mayor of Istočno Sarajevo Ljubiša Ćosić said that the church in Pofalići is a true root of the centuries-old presence of...

Time4 hours ago

TREBINJE CHILDREN'S VISIT TO CORFU - A BRIDGE BETWEEN ILLUSTRIOUS ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS

TREBINJE CHILDREN'S VISIT TO CORFU - A BRIDGE BETWEEN ILLUSTRIOUS ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS

BELGRADE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - History is best learned in the places where it was made, which is why it is invaluable that children from Trebinje will a...

Time4 hours ago

OŠAP-GAĆANOVIĆ: I WAS NOT DISMISSED, HASANOVIĆ SHOULD RETRACT HIS STATEMENTS

OŠAP-GAĆANOVIĆ: I WAS NOT DISMISSED, HASANOVIĆ SHOULD RETRACT HIS STATEMENTS

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Anđelina Ošap-Gaćanović said that she had not been dismissed from her position as a member of the Commission to Preserve...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source