English
30.07.2026
16:28:00
ŠKOBIĆ: DECISION ON ELFETA VESELI'S PRISON LEAVE RESTS SOLELY WITH TUZLA PRISON WARDEN
SARAJEVO, JULY 30 /SRNA/ – The FBiH Ministry of Justice has no authority to decide whether to grant temporary prison leave to Elfeta Veseli, who was convicted of the brutal murder of 12-year-old Slobodan Stojanović, as such a decision is made exclusively by the warden of the Tuzla Prison, Federal Justice Minister Vedran Škobić told SRNA.
Škobić said that temporary leave is not a right of a convicted person but a possibility provided for under the Law on Criminal Sanctions Execution, and that the prison warden independently decides whether to approve such a privilege. "It is not her right; it is a possibility. All questions as to why she was granted leave and according to which criteria should be addressed to the warden. Under no circumstances can we influence his work. We may recommend that he also take public opinion into account, but he is under no obligation to do so," Škobić said. He explained that Veseli is subject to the provisions of the BiH Law on Criminal Sanctions Execution, rather than the FBiH’s because she was convicted of a war crime by the Court of BiH. Škobić added that the warden of Tuzla Prison would receive authorization from the Federation Ministry of Justice tomorrow morning to speak publicly about the case. The Tuzla Prison had earlier told SRNA that, in accordance with the applicable regulations, it could not provide information about the case without prior approval from the Federation Ministry of Justice. After evading justice for 10 years, Elfeta Veseli is currently serving a 13-year prison sentence in Tuzla for the brutal murder of 12-year-old Slobodan Stojanović in the village of Kamenica near Zvornik in 1992.
English
2 hours ago
OSTOJIĆ: WE ARE READY TO HELP SERBS LIVING OUTSIDE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA
BOSANSKO GRAHOVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Minister of Labor, War Veterans and Disabled Persons' Protection Radan Ostojić today thanked the...
2 hours ago
MINIĆ: MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, MORE LIFE IN THE SOUTH OF SRPSKA
TREBINJE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Prime Minister Savo Minić said that he heard one of the best information during the celebration of the T...
3 hours ago
TRIBUTE PAID TO 56 REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ARMY SOLDIERS KILLED ON MAJEVICA
LOPARE/MAJEVICA, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - A memorial service was held today at the memorial site in Grabik on Mount Majevica for 56 Republika Srpska Army so...
3 hours ago
CHURCH OF THE TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD - TRUE ROOT OF SERBIAN PRESENCE IN SARAJEVO
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Mayor of Istočno Sarajevo Ljubiša Ćosić said that the church in Pofalići is a true root of the centuries-old presence of...
3 hours ago
TREBINJE CHILDREN'S VISIT TO CORFU - A BRIDGE BETWEEN ILLUSTRIOUS ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS
BELGRADE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - History is best learned in the places where it was made, which is why it is invaluable that children from Trebinje will a...
4 hours ago
OŠAP-GAĆANOVIĆ: I WAS NOT DISMISSED, HASANOVIĆ SHOULD RETRACT HIS STATEMENTS
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Anđelina Ošap-Gaćanović said that she had not been dismissed from her position as a member of the Commission to Preserve...