English
30.07.2026
17:37:00
LINTA: NEW RULING AGAINST GENERAL ĐUKIĆ SHAMEFUL AND SCANDALOUS
BELGRADE, JULY 30 /SRNA/ – Miodrag Linta, the chair of the Association of Serbs from the Region, said the new ruling by the County Court Split against former JNA General Borislav Đukić was shameful and scandalous as it was handed down on the basis of assumptions and false testimony from cooperating witnesses.
Linta said that General Đukić had carried out his military duties honourably and professionally and had not committed any war crimes. He called on Serbia’s Justice Minister Nenad Vujić to send the strongest possible protest to Croatian Justice Minister Damir Habijan over another deeply unjust and unacceptable verdict against General Đukić, and to request that Đukić be extradited to Serbia. "Minister Vujić should finally seek talks with Habijan on the issue of war crimes and the continued prosecution of members of the JNA, Republika Srpska Krajina army and police forces, against whom the Croatian judiciary is constantly opening investigations, filing indictments and handing down false rulings," Linta said. Reacting to the ruling sentencing General Đukić to 16 years in prison, Linta stressesd that ethnically motivated Croatian judiciary continues to systematically prosecute honourable Serb officers and soldiers, announced the Association of Serbs from the Region's Information Service. Linta recalled that in the first trial, in March 2024, General Đukić had been sentenced to 10 years in prison also on the basis of false testimony from three witnesses regarding the alleged attempted destruction of the Peruća Dam in January 1993. "The rigged trial against General Đukić is not merely a trial of one man, but a trial of the JNA, the Army of Republika Srpska Krajina, the Krajina Serbs and Serbia itself, aimed at justifying the false myth of the 'Homeland War,' according to which Serbs are portrayed as aggressors and war criminals, while Croats are presented as liberators and the only victims," Linta said.
English
2 hours ago
OSTOJIĆ: WE ARE READY TO HELP SERBS LIVING OUTSIDE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA
BOSANSKO GRAHOVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Minister of Labor, War Veterans and Disabled Persons' Protection Radan Ostojić today thanked the...
2 hours ago
MINIĆ: MORE YOUNG PEOPLE, MORE LIFE IN THE SOUTH OF SRPSKA
TREBINJE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska Prime Minister Savo Minić said that he heard one of the best information during the celebration of the T...
3 hours ago
TRIBUTE PAID TO 56 REPUBLIKA SRPSKA ARMY SOLDIERS KILLED ON MAJEVICA
LOPARE/MAJEVICA, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - A memorial service was held today at the memorial site in Grabik on Mount Majevica for 56 Republika Srpska Army so...
3 hours ago
CHURCH OF THE TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD - TRUE ROOT OF SERBIAN PRESENCE IN SARAJEVO
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Mayor of Istočno Sarajevo Ljubiša Ćosić said that the church in Pofalići is a true root of the centuries-old presence of...
3 hours ago
TREBINJE CHILDREN'S VISIT TO CORFU - A BRIDGE BETWEEN ILLUSTRIOUS ANCESTORS AND DESCENDANTS
BELGRADE, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - History is best learned in the places where it was made, which is why it is invaluable that children from Trebinje will a...
4 hours ago
OŠAP-GAĆANOVIĆ: I WAS NOT DISMISSED, HASANOVIĆ SHOULD RETRACT HIS STATEMENTS
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 19 /SRNA/ - Anđelina Ošap-Gaćanović said that she had not been dismissed from her position as a member of the Commission to Preserve...