Sunday , 31st August 2025.

English

06.05.2025

Time11:32:00

WITHDRAW DISCRIMINATORY LAW ON CEMETERIES IN CROATIA

BANJA LUKA, MAY 6 /SRNA/ - The Association of Republika Srpska Women Victims of War supports the position of the Republika Srpska War Veterans Organisation /BORS/ that the Srpska institutions demand from the Croatian authorities the withdrawal of the new Law on Cemeteries, which foresees and legalizes the demolition of Serb gravestones on the territory of Croatia.

BANJA LUKA, MAY 6 /SRNA/ - The Association of Republika Srpska Women Victims of War supports the position of the Republika Srpska War Veterans Organisation /BORS/ that the Srpska institutions demand from the Croatian authorities the withdrawal of the new Law on Cemeteries, which foresees and legalizes the demolition of Serb gravestones on the territory of Croatia.



"This law is unacceptable and discriminatory against Serbs because the goal is to permanently remove traces that Serbs lived on the territory of Croatia," said the head of the Association of Republika Srpska Women Victims of War Božica Živković-Rajilić. According to her, expelling Serbs and destroying everything with Serb prefix is not enough for Croatia, which now wants to remove the traces of Serbs existence. Rajilić emphasizes that Republika Srpska, unlike Croatia, inherits anti-fascist values and does not exercise force over the dead. "What Croatia is doing and intending to remove Serb gravestones is proof of the fascist ideology in that country," Rajilić emphasized. She pointed out that because of the hatred towards Serbs and the persecution of the Serb population, huge areas in Croatia are deserted and neglected. "Now that space is being filled by Asian people. Since Croatia does not recognise its neighbours, the question is whether they will be in their country in half a century. What comes around goes around," said Rajilić. The Croatian Parliament adopted the Law on Cemeteries, which provides for the removal of Serb gravestones erected after May 30, 1990, otherwise fines of up to EUR 5,000 will follow. The Republika Srpska War Veterans Organisation, if this disputed law is not withdrawn in Croatia, will demand that the authorities of Srpska respond adequately in relation to gravestones on the territory of Srpska dedicated to Croat units or individuals who committed crimes against Serbs during the past war, especially memorials that glorify criminals and crimes, and insult Serb victims.

English

Time10 hours ago

WHEN WE MADE HISTORY UNITED, IT WAS GLORIOUS AND VICTORIOUS

WHEN WE MADE HISTORY UNITED, IT WAS GLORIOUS AND VICTORIOUS

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik emphasized that Petar Kočić taught the Serbs that whenever they made the histo...

Time12 hours ago

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY  IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers Staša Košarac emphasized that Milorad Dodik is the choice of the Serb people...

Time17 hours ago

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED

BIJELJINA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - In a heroic operation by the Republika Srpska Army on this day in 1992, 7,500 Serbs from Smoluća, Tinja, and Potpeć were...

Time17 hours ago

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Association of Women War Victims, Božica Rajilić, stated that BiH is an impossible s...

Time18 hours ago

NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED

NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The director of the Republic Center for Research of War, War Crimes and the Search for Missing Persons, Viktor Nuždić, emp...

Time19 hours ago

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Organization of Families of Captured and Fallen Soldiers and Missing Civilians, Isid...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source