English
30.08.2025
13:39:00
NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The director of the Republic Center for Research of War, War Crimes and the Search for Missing Persons, Viktor Nuždić, emphasized that after 30 years, there is no progress in the search for Serbs went missing during the Defense Patriotic War, and pointed out that this process is closely linked to the prosecution of war crimes.
"We have been warning for years that judicial institutions at the level of BiH are not performing their duties properly or efficiently, and this is precisely why the BiH Missing Persons Institute has been so ineffective," Nuždić told reporters in Petrovo, where he attended the commemoration of the Day of the Fallen and Missing in the Defense Patriotic War. Nuždić said that the search for missing persons must be returned to the jurisdiction of Republika Srpska’s institutions. He believes that the process would have been much more successful if the judicial institutions at the BiH level had prosecuted crimes committed against Serbs. "We see that even when cases are prosecuted, they are delayed. Indictments are brought after 30 years, and in that way, it becomes a vicious circle of passing responsibility from one institution to another at the BiH level," Nuždić said. He added that time is not on the side of the search for missing persons, especially for the Serb population, and emphasized that this is particularly traumatic for families who still have no one to light candles for. Nuždić concludes that speaking about the work of the BiH Missing Persons Institute is largely illusory, given that, together with the BiH Prosecutor’s Office and the BiH Court, there are always delays and the worst results in resolving, as he calls it, the Serb issue. He expressed hope that in the coming period, at least some of the cases will be resolved, namely, those related to bodies held in memorial ossuaries in Republika Srpska.
English
4 hours ago

WHEN WE MADE HISTORY UNITED, IT WAS GLORIOUS AND VICTORIOUS
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik emphasized that Petar Kočić taught the Serbs that whenever they made the histo...
6 hours ago

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers Staša Košarac emphasized that Milorad Dodik is the choice of the Serb people...
11 hours ago

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED
BIJELJINA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - In a heroic operation by the Republika Srpska Army on this day in 1992, 7,500 Serbs from Smoluća, Tinja, and Potpeć were...
12 hours ago

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Association of Women War Victims, Božica Rajilić, stated that BiH is an impossible s...
13 hours ago

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Organization of Families of Captured and Fallen Soldiers and Missing Civilians, Isid...
13 hours ago

TANASIĆ: SARAJEVO ONCE AGAIN FALSIFIES AND APPROPRIATES THE CHARTER OF KULIN BAN
BELGRADE, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The Chairman of the Committee for the Standardization of the Serbian Language, Sreto Tanasić, stated that Sarajevo is onc...