English
19.07.2025
18:54:00
GENERAL MLADIĆ IN POOR HEALTH CONDITION

KALINOVIK, JULY 19 /SRNA/ - The health of General Ratko Mladić is poor, and the family is still awaiting a decision on whether he will be allowed to be released for treatment in Serbia, his son Darko Mladić said today.
"We hope to receive a positive decision. We asked for him to be released so that he can at least die in Serbia," Darko Mladić told reporters in Kalinovik. He said it is a miracle that the General is still alive, considering he has been bedridden for 15 months. "He’s holding on somehow. It’s a miracle he’s alive — but he is, he endures, and he will endure," said Mladić. General Mladić suffers from neurological, cardiovascular, and urological issues that are progressively worsening and becoming more complicated. At the beginning of June, General Mladić’s defense requested that the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals in The Hague grant him early conditional release on an expedited basis due to his severe health condition. The motion filed by Dragan Ivetić, the chief legal advisor to General Mladić, and submitted to Judge Graciela Gatti Santana, states that despite the reluctance of the medical service at the detention unit in The Hague to provide a definitive prognosis of his health, it is indisputable that the General is nearing the end of his life. Last year, General Mladić had a pacemaker implanted in a Dutch hospital, but his health has continued to deteriorate, and since then, his kidneys have failed as well. "Given the incurable nature of Mladić's illness and his short life expectancy, continued detention serves no legitimate purpose and constitutes inhumane treatment and punishment," the motion states. His lawyers argue that, in addition to sparing the UN detention center the costs of palliative care, early release would allow General Mladić to explore all medical options and spend the remaining months of his life with his family. General Mladić suffered two strokes and a heart attack during his time in detention.
English
58 minutes from now

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers Staša Košarac emphasized that Milorad Dodik is the choice of the Serb people...
3 hours ago

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED
BIJELJINA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - In a heroic operation by the Republika Srpska Army on this day in 1992, 7,500 Serbs from Smoluća, Tinja, and Potpeć were...
4 hours ago

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Association of Women War Victims, Božica Rajilić, stated that BiH is an impossible s...
4 hours ago

NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The director of the Republic Center for Research of War, War Crimes and the Search for Missing Persons, Viktor Nuždić, emp...
5 hours ago

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Organization of Families of Captured and Fallen Soldiers and Missing Civilians, Isid...
6 hours ago

TANASIĆ: SARAJEVO ONCE AGAIN FALSIFIES AND APPROPRIATES THE CHARTER OF KULIN BAN
BELGRADE, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The Chairman of the Committee for the Standardization of the Serbian Language, Sreto Tanasić, stated that Sarajevo is onc...