English
05.08.2025
10:44:00
JOKANOVIĆ: REMEMBERING PREBILOVCI VICTIMS REFLECTS SERB PEOPLE'S UNBREAKABLE SPIRIT

TREBINJE, AUGUST 5 /SRNA/ – The nurturing of the culture of remembrance for the victims of Prebilovci reflects the unbreakable spirit of the Serb people, who, even after such horrific Ustasha massacres, found a way to return to their ancestral homes and revive their homeland, historian Branislav Jokanović told SRNA.
Jokanović stated that in that crime, 59 families were completely wiped out, 39 homesteads extinguished, and more than 800 residents were killed. He emphasized that the 1992 demolition and mining of the memorial ossuary in Prebilovci those people being killed once again. "We must speak about this to prevent the eveil from repeating," said Jokanović. The commemoration of 84 years since one of the most brutal Ustasha crimes against the Serb people begins today in Prebilovci near Čapljina, organised by the Republika Srpska Government's Committee nurturing traditions of liberation wars. The Church of the Resurrection of Christ in Prebilovci was built and consecrated in 2015 in memory of approximately 4,000 Serbs from Lower Herzegovina who were killed by Ustasha during World War II and canonized that same year by the Serbian Orthodox Church. This memorial date was established in the church calendar on the day in 1941 when Ustasha brutally killed over 850 villagers of Prebilovci – mostly women and children – and threw them into a pit in Šurmanci, near Međugorje. The exhumation of 13 pits in the region of Lower Herzegovina began in 1990, and on August 4, 1991, the remains of more than 4,000 Serbs were buried in the memorial ossuary in Prebilovci. In June 1992, during the Čagalj offensive, members of the HOS and HVO forces blew up the ossuary. After the return of Serbs to Prebilovci after the year 2000, the remains were collected, and following the construction of the Church of the Resurrection of Christ, they were laid to rest in its crypt.
English
5 hours ago

WHEN WE MADE HISTORY UNITED, IT WAS GLORIOUS AND VICTORIOUS
BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik emphasized that Petar Kočić taught the Serbs that whenever they made the histo...
7 hours ago

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS
SARAJEVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers Staša Košarac emphasized that Milorad Dodik is the choice of the Serb people...
12 hours ago

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED
BIJELJINA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - In a heroic operation by the Republika Srpska Army on this day in 1992, 7,500 Serbs from Smoluća, Tinja, and Potpeć were...
13 hours ago

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Association of Women War Victims, Božica Rajilić, stated that BiH is an impossible s...
13 hours ago

NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The director of the Republic Center for Research of War, War Crimes and the Search for Missing Persons, Viktor Nuždić, emp...
14 hours ago

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL
PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Organization of Families of Captured and Fallen Soldiers and Missing Civilians, Isid...