Sunday , 31st August 2025.

English

06.08.2025

Time19:23:00

VUČIĆ: UNDERMINING LEGITIMACY GRANTED BY PEOPLE IS WRONG

BELGRADE, AUGUST 6 /SRNA/ – President of Serbia Aleksandar Vučić has said today, commenting on the BiH Central Election Commission’s decision revoking the office of Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik, that anyone believing it is possible to undermine the legitimacy granted by the people is wrong, noting that Serbia stands with its people and Srpska.

BELGRADE, AUGUST 6 /SRNA/ – President of Serbia Aleksandar Vučić has said today, commenting on the BiH Central Election Commission’s decision revoking the office of Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik, that anyone believing it is possible to undermine the legitimacy granted by the people is wrong, noting that Serbia stands with its people and Srpska.



Vučić emphasizes Dodik is now putting the question before the people as to whether or not the decision of the CEC or the Court of BiH is accepted, because he was elected by the people of Republika Srpska. He stresses that Dodik is not the cause of the crisis, but is responding to what has happened. Vučić called for peace and expressed hope that a way out of the deep crisis affecting entire BiH – and Republika Srpska not through its fault - will be found. “Someone thought the legitimacy granted by the people could be undermined. That is wrong. My plea to everyone is: stay calm, rational, and avoid any escalation. We must stand by our people and Republika Srpska. Supporting our people, Republika Srpska and preserving peace will always be our policy,” Vučić said in an interview with Belgrade’s TV Prva. The Central Election Commission of BiH today issued a decision terminating the presidential office of Milorad Dodik as President of Republika Srpska, who was elected in the 2022 general elections. The decision is subject to appeal. CEC's decision followed the ruling of the Appellate Division of the Court of BiH, which upheld an earlier first-instance judgment sentencing President Dodik to one year in prison and six years of a ban on political activity for "non-compliance with the decisions of Christian Schmidt".

English

Time7 hours ago

WHEN WE MADE HISTORY UNITED, IT WAS GLORIOUS AND VICTORIOUS

WHEN WE MADE HISTORY UNITED, IT WAS GLORIOUS AND VICTORIOUS

BANJA LUKA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik emphasized that Petar Kočić taught the Serbs that whenever they made the histo...

Time9 hours ago

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY  IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS

KOŠARAC: SERB UNITY IS THE BEST RESPONSE TO JOINT ENDEAVOR BY SCHMIDT AND MUSLIM POLITICIANS

SARAJEVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - Deputy Chairman of the Council of Ministers Staša Košarac emphasized that Milorad Dodik is the choice of the Serb people...

Time14 hours ago

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED

33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORRIDOR BREAKTHROUGH AND RESCUE OF 7,500 SERBS FROM THE SMOLUĆA DEATH CAMP COMMEMORATED

BIJELJINA, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - In a heroic operation by the Republika Srpska Army on this day in 1992, 7,500 Serbs from Smoluća, Tinja, and Potpeć were...

Time15 hours ago

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE

RAJILIĆ: EVEN THE SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SHOWS THAT BiH IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STATE

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Association of Women War Victims, Božica Rajilić, stated that BiH is an impossible s...

Time15 hours ago

NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED

NUŽDIĆ: PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF CRIMES AGAINST SERBS HAD BEEN PROSECUTED

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The director of the Republic Center for Research of War, War Crimes and the Search for Missing Persons, Viktor Nuždić, emp...

Time16 hours ago

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL

GRAORAC: RETURN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR THE MISSING TO THE ENTITY LEVEL

PETROVO, AUGUST 30 /SRNA/ - The president of the Republika Srpska Organization of Families of Captured and Fallen Soldiers and Missing Civilians, Isid...

See all

Copyright © 2023 News Agency of the Republic of Srpska - Srna. All rights reserved. The content of these pages may not be transmitted without permission and without citing the source